Aquaculture Europe, Berlin (Germany)
The last Aquaculture Europe event featured a special international trade exhibition, where German and international companies presented their latest products and services.
In this occasion, SOCLIMPACT had the opportunity to show its project through our partner AquaBioTech who delivered a presentation spotting the main hazards for aquaculture on EU islands (Cyprus, Malta, Baltic Islands, (Übersetzun, Fehmarn, Rügen, Usedom), Balearic, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Crete, Azores, Madeira, Canary, Martinique, Guadalupe) and addressing the defined risks for marine cage aquaculture as follows:
- Increased fragility of the aquaculture activity due to extreme events.
- Increased environmental pollution from aquaculture sites due to changes in coastal hydrodynamics.
- Alteration in production due to capacity in seawater characteristics and temperature
Last publicated posts
- Diseminable 2: Infographic with survey results
- Water: ENEA tests a 4.0 purification system with Hera
- Ramboll selected to provide support for United States’ largest offshore wind Project
- The tropical marine plant Halophila stipulacea has changed its thermal tolerance in order to grow and produce oxygen in the Mediterranean
- ACLIEMAC, project for adaptation to climate change in the energy systems of the Macaronesia