World Marine Mammal Conference, Barcelona (Spain)
From 9th to 10 th December 2019 took place the World Marine Mammal Conference in Barcelona. An event hosted by the European Cetacean Society (ECS) and the Society for Marine Mammalogy (SMM).
This event offers an unparalleled opportunity to engage in interdisciplinary and intercultural dialogue in order to foster international collaborations that will impact our understanding of marine mammal science and conservation.
The main goal was to share results of marine mammal science in a way that reaches all audiences and creates conservation strategies. Predictive models and methods for evaluating changes in species distribution and determining risk were discussed.
The work developed in SOCLIMPACT project were presented in the context of the whale watching case study and contributed to the discussion on the challenges and opportunities in vulnerability and impact assessments in climate change research.
Last publicated posts
- Diseminable 2: Infographic with survey results
- Water: ENEA tests a 4.0 purification system with Hera
- Ramboll selected to provide support for United States’ largest offshore wind Project
- The tropical marine plant Halophila stipulacea has changed its thermal tolerance in order to grow and produce oxygen in the Mediterranean
- ACLIEMAC, project for adaptation to climate change in the energy systems of the Macaronesia