SIWC- Smart Island World Congress 2018
SIWC brings together experts from all around the world to explore the opportunities that can arise from the unique challenges facing islands in such areas as efficiency, urban planning, and economic and social development in the global era. The “Policy, regulation & technology at the service of islands’ decarbonisation” Workshop was moderated by the DAFNI Network. The workshop discussed the role of EU policy and different national and regional regulatory regimes that are currently in place or under development in accelerating decarbonisation on European islands such as those included in SOCLIMPACT project (Cyprus, Malta, Baltic Islands, (Übersetzun, Fehmarn, Rügen, Usedom), Balearic, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Crete, Azores, Madeira, Canary, Martinique, Guadalupe). It also featured lighthouse projects from frontrunner islands, highlighting the key enabling factors for the deployment of innovative sustainable energy technologies on islands. Salvador Suárez Garcia, Head of the Renewable Energy Department, Canary Islands Institute of Technology participated for SOCLIMPACT project.
Last publicated posts
- Diseminable 2: Infographic with survey results
- Water: ENEA tests a 4.0 purification system with Hera
- Ramboll selected to provide support for United States’ largest offshore wind Project
- The tropical marine plant Halophila stipulacea has changed its thermal tolerance in order to grow and produce oxygen in the Mediterranean
- ACLIEMAC, project for adaptation to climate change in the energy systems of the Macaronesia