COACCH General Assembly
COACCH (CO-designing the Assessment of Climate CHange costs) is a project funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme and carried out by a consortium of 14 European organisations. The final objective of COACCH is to produce an improved downscaled assessment of the risks and costs of climate change in Europe that can be accessed directly for the different needs of end users from the research, business, investment, and the policy making community. This objective is pursued by working with end users and developing an innovative science-practice and integrated approach of co-design of knowledge and co-delivery of outcomes with stakeholders.
Venice workshop looked for contribute to its five specific goals.
Carmelo León, SOCLIMPACT Coordinator, participated in this activity as a kick-off meeting of the project, that allowed all partners to meet, plan and launch the project activities. Expected results include:
- Co-designing the assessments of CC costs;
- Co-designing with stakeholders, identify the relevant research and communication routes;
- Dissemination between both projects high level policy workshop with the OECD at the end of the project;
- Organize joint sessions and conferences with SOCLIMPACT;
- Produce guidelines for best practice co-designing.
In particular, this project has also constituted a model for SOCLIMPACT, being the first in which it has participated, and taking advantage of the lessons learned in this area. We have coincided with COACCH in other congresses and events, with common interests for data exchanage in regional input-output data set with WP6 leaders.